Photo: Guy WebsterIt looks as if The Beach Boys' 50th anniversary reunion tour will come to an abrupt end after the band finishes their last scheduled dates -- a pair of concerts in London on September 27 and 28. According to a newly-issued statement, The Beach Boys will return to their pre-reunion lineup, meaning members Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and David Marks will not be a part of the group when it hits the road again after the end of the month.
The message explains that "Mike Love and Bruce Johnston will be keeping The Beach Boys' music in front of live audiences by touring in the configuration that they have been touring in for 14 of the last 50 years." The message also notes that the reunion trek "was designed to be a set tour with a beginning and an end to mark a special 50-year milestone for the band."
Says Love, "As we move on, Bruce and I look forward to performing live for Beach Boys fans everywhere."
It's unclear if this news will affect future collaborations with Wilson, Jardine and Marks, who along with Love and Johnston recorded the band's well-received 2012 studio album That's Why God Made the Radio. In a recent Rolling Stone interview, Wilson said he wanted "to continue touring with The Beach Boys indefinitely."
According to Pollstar, the band currently has one new confirmed U.S. date scheduled: an October 5 show in Waco, Texas.
Meanwhile, as previously reported, The Beach Boys' 50th anniversary lineup is slated to participate in a special acoustic performance and Q&A session today at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio